Every year National Arbor Day falls on the final Friday of #EarthMonth and is always the inception of spring and allergy season. The day seeks to inspire people to plant, nurture and celebrate the beauty and power of trees.
Here are some Arbor Day fast facts:
1. The first Arbor Day took place on April 10, 1872, in Nebraska.
2. Maryland's state tree is a White Oak.
3. Trees remove pollution from the atmosphere, improving air quality and human health.
4. Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30% and can save 20–50% in energy used for heating.
5. The Arbor Day Foundation helps to plant around 15 million trees each year.